HOME & AUTO INSURANCE | ALTOONA IOWA
Home & Auto Insurance specialists at Densmore Insurance Strategies, Inc. serve to help you coordinate an insurance program that determines the best coverage options for your needs – for benefits and quality discounts that help you save.
What does this mean for you? By combining home and auto policies, you may be eligible to receive money-saving discounts, a guaranteed full-year policy term for your car, On Your Side® insurance protection, 24-hour Customer and Claim service, and more.
What Does Car Insurance Cover?
There are three primary types of insurance coverage:
- Liability insurance: Covers the costs associated with injuries and property damage you are responsible for if you cause an accident.
- Collision: Covers the costs to repair or replace your damaged or destroyed vehicle after an accident.
- Comprehensive: Formally known as “other than collision,” this portion of your policy covers damage to your vehicle from causes such as auto theft and weather damage.
There are also several different types of coverage which may be available to you, including:
- Medical payments: Covers the costs of injuries for you and others in your vehicle after an accident, regardless of who was at fault.
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Similar to medical payments coverage, PIP coverage can pay your medical costs after an accident, regardless of fault. But PIP offers expanded coverage that includes coverage for lost wages.
- Rental reimbursement: Pays a certain amount daily for a replacement vehicle if yours is in the shop for repairs.
- Towing and roadside service: Provides emergency roadside assistance and towing to help you get your vehicle back on the road or to a shop for repair.
What Types of Car Insurance Coverage Do I Really Need?
It depends on your car’s value and how much you need your car. If you drive an old rust bucket that would be cheaper to replace than repair, you probably only need liability. (Because your premiums could be higher than actual repair costs.)
On the other hand, if you absolutely must have your car for work, dropping off your kids, or other mission-critical tasks, consider adding the other types (especially rental car coverage). They’ll help you cover bills and other expenses to get you back on the road.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Altoona, Iowa?
An average driver with a good record will likely pay about $800 a year for full coverage for one car. If they choose liability coverage only, costs could be as low as $600.
Auto insurance costs are based mostly on the coverage you choose, the value of your car and your driving history. Driving a luxury car and getting DUIs or other violations will push costs higher. Your rates will drop as you get older, especially after turning 25.
Who Is Included in My Car Insurance Policy?
Car insurance costs are based on your record as a driver, but insurance coverage follows your car. That means that anyone driving your car is technically covered, including friends and family who borrow it.
Family members who live at your address and share your car (such as a spouse, partner, or teenage kids) should be explicitly covered by your policy. If they have a bad driving record, it can drive up your costs.
As you consider your policy needs, it is important to keep the coverage limits in mind. The costs of a severe crash can quickly exceed the limits. If that occurs, you will have to pay for costs out of your own pocket.
The Awesome Benefits of an Independent Insurance Agency Near Altoona
At Densmore Insurance Strategies, Inc our agents simplify the search process for finding the right car insurance. They’ll walk you through handpicked policy options and explain the nitty-gritty in the language you can understand.
Plus, carriers can have strict deadlines for filing claims. Your independent insurance agent can help you file on time, so you can maximize your insurance benefits.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
- Property Damage – This is by far the biggest claim maker, which includes damage to your house and any structures on your property due to water, fire and severe storms among others.
- Natural Disasters – Homewreckers like floods and earthquakes are usually not covered by basic plans, meaning, you’ll need added coverage or a separate policy to keep your goodies protected.
- Standard Home Liability – This will cover you financially if someone is injured or their personal belongings are damaged while on your property.
- Extra Money for Living – If your house is too messed up to live in while it’s being repaired or rebuilt, most policies will pay for a hotel and other living expenses, like groceries.
- Personal Property Coverage (AKA your stuff) – This will depend on the policy. Items like furniture may only be covered up to a depreciated value, but stuff like your bling might not have any coverage and will need additional insurance.
Home & Auto Insurance – Additional Bonuses
When you combine Homeowners & Auto Insurance, you may also qualify for extras like single deductibles (when your home and car are damaged as a result of the same event), emergency lockout coverage, accidental death benefits, and airbag replacement from accidental deployment.
Do You Own A Small Business in the Altoona, Iowa Area?
At Densmore Insurance Strategies, Inc we’re on your side, small business owners! We understand the challenges you face each day to maintain a thriving small business in Iowa for example:
- And let’s not forget Insurance and Risk Management
Regardless of the size of your small business here in Central Iowa, our professionals will review the impact & likelihood of your operational & strategic risks and offer recommendations that help maximize your success.
You can find our office in Bondurant, and our clients all around the state of Iowa. As an independent insurance agency in the Ankeny area, we take pride in reviewing your options for business insurance with multiple insurance companies and comparing protection and prices to find the best value for your business.
We proudly serve the business members of the Ankeny, Des Moines, Altoona, Bondurant, Polk City, Urbandale marketplace, and we’re committed to being an advocate for you and your business in times of need. We are licensed to serve Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska, Florida, Missouri, Arizona, Texas, and Tennessee.